1. Risk Warning
This notice is provided to you in compliance with FSA requirements because you are proposing to undertake dealings in Premium Securities. This notice cannot and does not disclose or explain all of the risks and other significant aspects involved in dealing in contracts for differences. Engaging in these types of transactions can carry a high risk. You should not engage in this form of trading unless you understand the nature of the transaction you are entering into and the true extent of your exposure to the risk of loss. Your profit or loss will vary according to the extent of the fluctuations in the price of the "underlying markets".
For many members of the public, these transactions are not suitable; you should, therefore, consider carefully whether they are suitable for you in the light of your circumstances and financial resources. In considering whether to engage in this form of trading, you should be aware of the following:
- Foreign markets will involve different risks from UK markets. In some cases risks will be greater. The potential for profit or loss from transactions on foreign markets or in foreign currency denominated markets will be affected by fluctuations in foreign exchange rates.
- Premium Securities transactions will not be undertaken on a recognised or designated investment exchange. During normal market hours and outside normal market hours, Spread Co will execute Premium Securities Orders and Trades at Spread Co's price. Spread Co act as a "market maker" in these Premium Securities in and out of market hours (see Spread Co's Terms of Business for market hours.) Closing trades will be traded at the price dictated by the spread quoted at the time of closing, irrespective of the spread at the time of the opening trade, which may be larger or smaller. No guarantee is given as to the spread at the time of closing. All Premium Securities trades opened with Spread Co must be closed with Spread Co and cannot be closed with any other entity.
- Where entering into such transactions, Spread Co must do so under a two-way customer agreement (i.e. Spread Co Terms of Business) pursuant to the FSA Conduct of Business rules unless exempted from doing so. You should satisfy yourself that dealing is conducted throughout in strict conformity with that customer agreement and report to the FSA if you have reason to believe it is not.
- Prior to placing trades, you should ensure that you understand all charges for which you will be liable.
- Premium Securities are higher risk investments than ordinary share dealing. However, to limit potential losses and bring peace of mind, all Premium Securities contracts have an associated Standard Stop Loss order and a Guaranteed Stop Loss order. . For further detail in relation to levels set for stop losses please refer to Spread Co's Dealing System. The Standard Stop Loss and Guaranteed Stop Loss orders are set at a price which, if breached, will automatically trigger a sell order (for long positions) or buy order (for short positions) to close your Premium Security investment. These orders are automatically placed when purchasing a Premium Security investment either through the online platform or over the telephone.
With the Standard Stop Loss if the share or index breaches the Standard Stop Loss then your order will be executed when Spread Co is reasonably able to do so. This may mean the order is executed at less than the Standard Stop Loss price in the case of a long position or more than the Standard Stop Loss price in the case of a short position. However a Guaranteed Stop Loss order is also placed for your further protection. As it suggests this is a stop loss order that is guaranteed to be executed at the price specified, even if the price of the underlying Referenced Investment makes a sudden movement and never actually trades at the price specified. As a result, your Premium Security investment will still be closed when the investment value is nil. There will not be any further liability for you resulting from closures of Premium Security investments..It is important to remember that Spread Co allows you to trade certain Premium Securities outside of normal market hours. For instance the FTSE 100 Index Premium Security can be traded between 9am and 5.30pm when the normal market hours are 8am until 4.30pm. The prices quoted for Index Premium Securities are Spread Co's prices and are based on market movements. Outside normal market hours the prices are based on the interpretation of how the market may move if it were open. This means the Standard Stop Loss and Guaranteed Stop Loss orders could be triggered outside of normal market hours based on movements in Spread Co’s price for the index. For specific information about the Spread Co trading hours for each instrument, please refer to the Dealing System.
- Under certain trading conditions it may be difficult or impossible to liquidate a position. This may occur, for example at times of rapid price movement if the price rises or falls in one trading session to such an extent that trading is restricted or suspended.
- Spread Co is prohibited under its FSA permissions from providing you with investment advice relating to investments or possible transactions in investments or from making investment recommendations of any kind. This prohibition is subject to an exception where advice given amounts to the giving of factual market information or information, in relation to a transaction about which you have enquired, as to transaction procedures, potential risks involved and how those risks may be minimised.
- Spread Co is required to hold your money in segregated accounts in accordance with the regulations of FSA, but this may not afford complete protection.
- If you deposit collateral as security with Spread Co, you should ascertain from Spread Co how your collateral will be dealt with.
- Spread Co's insolvency or default may lead to positions being liquidated or closed out without your consent. In certain circumstances, you may not get back the actual assets which you lodged as collateral and you may have to accept any available payment in cash.
- If you have reason to believe that Spread Co is not acting in accordance with representations that it has made to you, the terms of your customer agreement or the rules of the FSA, you should report it to the Financial Services Authority Consumer Helpline, 25 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS telephone number 020 7066 1000.
Spread Co is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event that we were to face liquidation and cannot meet our obligations, retail clients may be entitled to compensation from the scheme. Most types of investment business are covered for 100% of the first £30,000 and 90% of the next £20,000, so the maximum compensation is £48,000. Further information about compensation arrangements is available from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
2. Complaints Policy
If you have a complaint about our products or services, you should contact Anand Rathi or Spread Co as soon as possible. It is our policy to handle complaints fairly, consistently and promptly.
A copy of Spread Co’s internal complaints procedures is available upon request.
Spread Co Compliance Officer
Email Compliance Department Here
+44 1923 832 628
Communicating with Spread Co
Spread Co will communicate with you orally and in writing in English.
If you wish to communicate with Spread Co, you will need to do so in English unless Spread Co agrees otherwise.
Conflicts of Interest
Spread Co is committed to treating its customers fairly. However, Spread Co and its connected persons may, when dealing with you, have interests which are, or may be, in conflict with your own interests or owe duties to third parties which are in conflict with your own interests. In such circumstances, Spread Co will have regards to your interests in the manner set out in its Conflicts Policy.
Spread Co's Costs and Charges
Spread Co's costs and charges for entering into orders and trades with Spread Co in Premium Securities are as set out on Spread Co's Fees List and the prices at which you can trade in Premium Securities with Spread Co are set out on Spread Co's dealing system from time to time.
The manner in which Spread Co will execute orders and trades with you is set out in Spread Co's Execution Policy, as amended from time to time. To see the maximum spreads which Spread Co will charge for the purposes of the Execution Policy, click on Market Information.
Terms and Conditions
This website belongs to and is managed by Anand Rathi Commodities Ltd (Anand Rathi) and is directed at persons and entities resident in India only. If you are not an Indian citizen or are non- India resident (or if you trade from outside India) you may be subject to laws other than Indian law. Accordingly, if it is prohibited to make information on this website or any of Spread Co’s services, or any part (the Services) available in your jurisdiction to you (by reason of nationality, residence or otherwise) such Services or any part are not directed at you. You accept that if you are resident outside India, you must satisfy yourself that you are lawfully able to receive the Services. Neither Anand Rathi nor Spread Co accepts any liability for any costs, losses or damages resulting from or related to the availability or content of the Services to persons in jurisdictions outside India or to persons who are, or who are nominees of or trustees for, citizens, residents or nationals of other countries. The Services or any part do not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell investments in any jurisdiction.
Your access to and use of this website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and any other legal notices and statements contained on this website. The Premium Securities services referred to in this website are not available to residents of the US.
These Terms and Conditions, the Terms of Business and any other legal notices and statements contained on this website contain the entire agreement between Anand Rathi, Spread Co and you governing your access to and use of the website and (where applicable) the services.
- Intellectual property
The names, logos, trademarks, copyright and all other intellectual property rights in all of the material and software on this website are owned by Anand Rathi, Spread Co or their licensors. All third party owned materials contained on the website are reproduced with the permission of the respective owners. You may copy material on this website for your own private or domestic use only. All other copying or use is prohibited. Except as expressly stated herein, you may not without Anand Rathi’s prior written permission alter, modify, reproduce, distribute or commercially exploit any materials from this website.
- Exclusion of warranties
Anand Rathi takes care to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate at the date of publication. However, the website is provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. Anand Rathi may change the information on the website without notice and you will be bound by the updated terms by continuing to use the web site. Anand Rathi will not assume any liability for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of, or caused by, whether directly or indirectly, the use of any part of the information provided.
- Use of links
The website may contain links to websites operated by other parties. Anand Rathi does not control the content or accuracy of information on such websites and does not otherwise endorse the material placed on such sites. The links are provided for your reference only and Anand Rathi excludes all liability and responsibility for the content or operation of these third party websites.
If you register to become Spread Co’s client and to receive services from Spread Co, you will be required to accept Spread Co’s Terms of Business. Such Terms of Business will govern your relationship with Spread Co and Spread Co’s liability to you in respect of services provided to you thereunder.
Save as otherwise expressly agreed between Anand Rathi and you, this website and the materials and software accessible from the website are provided to you “as is” without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permissible by law, Anand Rathi excludes all representations and warranties whether express or implied including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, satisfactory quality, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, merchantability or that use of the website, materials and / or software will be uninterrupted, error free or virus free.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, Anand Rathi and Spread Co exclude all liability to you whether in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss you suffer arising out of your use of or reliance upon the website, materials and software. In no event will Anand Rathi or Spread Co be liable to you for any special, indirect, consequential, punitive, or special forms of damage (including without limitation, loss of business, loss of profit, loss or corruption of data, loss of goodwill or representation or wasted management time or which you may incur or experience as a result of your communicating with us electronically), even if they have had prior notice of the possibility of such damage arising. Nothing herein shall limit Anand Rathi or Spread Co’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
You will indemnify, defend and hold each of Anand Rathi and Spread Co, their directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any losses, liabilities, judgments, suits, actions, proceedings, claims, damages and costs Anand Rathi or Spread Co, its directors, officers, employees and agents may suffer or made by a third party resulting from or arising out of your use of the website, materials or software, whether in breach of these Terms and Conditions, any other agreement Anand Rathi or Spread Co has with you or otherwise.
Anand Rathi reserves the right to terminate your usage of this website at any time with or without cause / in the event that Anand Rathi decides in its sole discretion that you have breached these Terms and Conditions, the Terms of Business or any other legal notice or statement contained within the website.
The invalidity or unenforceability for any reason of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not prejudice or affect the validity or enforceability of its other provisions.
- Jurisdiction The validity, construction and performance of the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India and Parties hereby submit irrevocably to the exclusive jurisdiction of India.
Anand Rathi Commodities Limited acknowledges the importance of protecting your personal, financial and transaction information. Anand Rathi Commodities Limited assure you that the information made available to us will be kept in strict confidentiality and we will use the information only to help us to service your account better, to provide you with products and services that you may have requested, and to inform you about other products and services that may be of interest to you. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Anand Rathi Commodities Limited shall protect the personal details received from you with the same degree of care, to prevent the unauthorized use of the information as we protect our own confidential information of a like nature.
Anand Rathi Commodities Limited shall use your personal information to improve our services to you and to keep you updated about our new products or information that may be of interest to you. The information collected from you would be used in the right spirit and context in which it is intended to be used.
Under certain circumstances Anand Rathi Commodities Limited may be required to share the information with the third parties, where we feel they can contribute to add value and improve the quality of services provided by us to you. Anand Rathi Commodities Limited shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that the confidentiality of your information is maintained by imposing strict confidentiality requirements on all the third parties with whom we may part with the information.
Anand Rathi Commodities Limited may also have to share your personal information wherever it is required to be disclosed under law to any of the governmental/statutory agency or regulatory bodies.
1. Use of Personal Information
We need to collect certain personal information to be able to offer our products and services to our customers. This information may be used to open and maintain accounts, to make our compliance notifications, market new and updated products and services and to identify you when you contact us.
We will collect and maintain most customer personal information from customer usage of this website. This may be through the use of the application and other types of forms and through active use of the customer trading account. The type of information may include (but is not limited to) name, address, date of birth, contact details, employment and income, transaction history, areas of the website used and visited and links to and from third party websites. We may also need to collect and maintain information from external sources such as credit reference and identity verification agencies. Periodically we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with information for our marketing or survey purposes. We may need your agreement to provide this information to us to enable you to benefit from new and enhanced products and services.
We will use your information for the purpose of confirming your identity, managing your profile and trading account and to enable us to provide you with the products and services that you have requested from us. Unless you advise us to the contrary, we will also communicate with you about relevant information and opportunities relating to existing and new products and services which we consider suitable for you.
2. Disclosure of Information
In the standard operation of our business, we may disclose your personal information to the following (who may be within or outside the European Economic Area):
- our associated companies
- successors in title to our business
- our third party service providers and professional advisors
- credit agencies
- any organisation or person expressly instructed by you
- any relevant regulatory, governmental or law enforcement authority as required by law
- third parties necessary to provide the products and services requested by you
- introducing brokers with whom we have a mutual relationship
We require that organisations outside of our group of companies who handle or obtain personal information as service providers acknowledge the confidentiality of this information, undertake to respect any individual’s right to privacy and comply with the Data Protection Principles and this policy.
3. Security of Information
We take the safeguarding of your data very seriously. All personal information in our possession is held securely. Only our authorised employees are permitted access to your personal information, strictly for business purposes.
4. Your Rights
Subject to its stated exceptions, the Data Protection Act entitles you to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold concerning you and to advise us of any perceived inaccuracy. Should you wish to exercise this right at any time please write to us verifying your identity and confirming the information you require. We may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs in complying with your request to provide you with the required information.
You may request at any time that we amend, update or (subject to our necessary legal, regulatory and business requirements) delete personal information which we hold concerning you. Please contact our Client Services Team to make these changes on your behalf.
We would hope to be able to deal with any complaint you may have to your satisfaction, but in the event that we cannot you may contact the Information Commissioner.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
Personal Information may be submitted on our website in two areas:
1. Public Area
If you provide your name and address on the public area of our website in order to request information about our products and services, you may voluntarily provide additional personal information. You will be asked to provide your Personal Information in this area for the purposes of registering with us and opening an account with us.
2. Private Area
If you are already one of our customers and have opened an account with us, you must use a password to enter our website. A “session cookie” is used to enable you to leave and re-enter our website without re-entering your password. Our web server will record the pages you visit within our website. To ensure a good quality of service we may monitor and record any communication you have with us whether in writing, by phone or by electronic mail. E-mail is not encrypted to/from either the public or private areas of this website.
|Unique application reference number||AppNo/apln||Generates a unique application reference if you choose to apply for an account.||Session|
|Logged in to platform||ASP.NET_sessionId||This cookie allows our web servers to respond to your actions on the website.||Session|
|Risk Warning Identifier||RWI||This cookie will be used to define whether a user requires an additional risk warning notification.||Persistent (1 day)|
|We use these cookies to understand how our website is being used in order to improve user experience. All data collected is anonymous.||Session & Persistent (up to 2 years)|
|ClickDensity / Intellitracker||Vidi
|Gathers typical web performance data such as information on referrer, content and page interactions|
|Affiliates||Agentid||Allows us to track affiliate partners driving traffic to our website.||Persistent (90 days)|
We would strongly recommend that you allow cookies on our website to ensure you have the best possible experience. Turning off cookies may result in reduced performance of our website and trading platform, however if you would still like to opt out of cookies, you can do this through your website browser. Our Client Services Team would be happy to talk you through this process if you require assistance.
We use session cookies for the following purposes:
1. To allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter information.
2. Within registration to allow you to access stored information.
3. Non personal data for tagging purposes only (by random number)
We use persistent cookies for the following purposes:
1. To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly.
2. To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website.
3. To internally identify you by account name, name, email address, customer ID, currency and location (geographic and computer ID/IP address).
Third Party Cookies
Third parties serve cookies via this site. These are used for the following purposes:
1. To serve advertisements on our site and track whether these advertisements are clicked on by users.
2. To control how often you are shown a particular advertisement.
3. To tailor content to your preferences.
4. To count the number of anonymous users of our site.
5. For website usage analysis
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser.
To find out how to enable/disable cookies see www.allaboutcookies.org
6. Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites for your use and convenience. This policy does not cover your use of these third party websites and we advise you to read and understand the privacy policies and other terms and conditions that govern the use of those websites.